For advanced students, IAVA provides an innovative learning experience with an outstanding musician of international prestige: Iñaki Alberdi.
Iñaki Alberdi has revitalized accordion repertoire: thanks to his profound knowledge of accordion music across the centuries and his multiple collaborations with contemporary composers, he has become a reference for future generations of accordionists. His extensive career as an international performer, along with his passion for teaching and his vast pedagogical experience, guarantee this project’s excellence.
Rethinking your technique
Keep on rethinking your technique
Give a try to Contemporary music!
Your accordion has no limits: an introduction to transcription
- Lesson 0: Planning your study time
- Lesson 1: The Bellows I
- Lesson 2: Flexibility and coordination
- Lesson 3: Anticipation, strength and speed I
- Lesson 4: The Bellows II
- Lesson 5: Anticipation, strength and speed II
- Lesson 6: Anticipation, strength and speed III
- Lesson 7: Introduction to new contemporary music creations
- Lesson 8: Extended techniques
- Lesson 9: Gaining a grasp of new repertoire
- Lesson 10: The microtonal accordion: a presentation
- Lesson 11: Transcribing orchestral music
- Lesson 12: 16th-century polyphony
- Lesson 13: Different perspectives on Bach
October 1st, 2020
February 1st, 2021
May 1st, 2021
August 1st, 2021
COURSE MODALITIES & RESIDENT COMPOSER
The IAVA access packages consist in four modules that can be purchased individually. Each module features three approx. 10-min. videos in which Iñaki Alberdi explains the module’s objective. Each video comes with a download package of teaching material with a study plan, exercises, and music scores of accordion repertoire specifically related with the unit’s subject. Before passing on to the next level, the student has to fulfill the objectives of the three lessons in the module.
It is fundamental to be in contact with composers of today who are committed to creating new, didactic repertoire for students. Within the framework of the IAVA project, you can become a part of this process by working together with a composer.
RESIDENT COMPOSER 20/21
Francisco Domínguez (1993)
COMPETENCIES FOR THE STUDENT TO ACQUIRE BY COMPLETING THE FOUR MODULES
- Controlling the instrument’s technical resources
- Understanding the creative context and its musical application
- Establishing good habits of recording yourself to improve your playing by constantly monitoring your results
- Being able to study a great variety of styles and music periods; grasping the wide range of interpretation by exploring one’s own potential as an interpreter
- The capacity to perform programmes featuring works in a great variety of styles and from many different music periods
- Establishing the bases of a collaboration between the performer and the composer, thereby helping the student to constantly develop his/her repertoire as a soloist, chamber musician, and orchestra musician
- Improving your efficiency in study and performance, developing a natural and correct use of the body
- Communicating and expressing emotions through your own sensitivity while respecting the author’s indications in the score
SOLUTIONS FOR NEW STUDENTS TEACHERS
The registration fee includes access to the videos and teaching materials + two 1/2-hour group tutoring sessions with Iñaki Alberdi to work on solving problems and questions.
The registration fee includes access to the videos and teaching materials + two 1/2-hour group tutoring sessions with Iñaki Alberdi to work on solving problems and questions + three 1-hour online individual class sessions.
IAVA is available as a complementary activity for groups of students and teachers in music universities, conservatories, music academies, and music schools. The registration fee includes access to the videos and teaching materials + 1-hour group class to work on solving problems and questions.
Although IAVA is thought for advanced students, if you teach beguinners and consider that this could be an interesting didactic tool for them, write us: we would be delighted creating a course according to their elementary teaching needs.
IAVA reserves the right to refuse admission. We work on basic concepts for advanced accordion students; thus a certain level of performance and ear training is required.
Student candidates are selected on the basis of a 15 to 20-minute video they send. After having selected the candidates, IAVA shall send all candidates the corresponding notification.
For course fee details, please write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ley de la propiedad intelectual: Según el Real Decreto Legislativo 1/1996, queda expresamente prohibida la reproducción total o parcial, adaptación, modificación, distribución, comercialización, comunicación pública y/o cualquier otra acción que comporte una infracción de la normativa vigente.